WHAT IS AN IMMERSION?
The Anusara® yoga Inmersion is an invitation to an in-depth experience of this yoga system. It is a journey to the essence that pulsates in your heart through the study of the life-affirming philosophy underlining the Anusara method, the practice of the Universal Principles of Alignment™, and the power of the kula, the community of like hearted yogis. The Immersion is an opportunity to penetrate and to expand in your yoga studies on every level (Asana, Philosophy, Pranayama, Meditation) with no pressure placed on teaching or instructions on how to teach. Sharing this experience with like-minded yogis you will built strong connections to create a supportive community of the heart.
The immersion consists of a total of 108 hours and it is divided in three parts or blocks of 36 hours each. This blocks can be structured in different ways, for example, a 5-days intensive, two 3-days intensive or in 3 weekends. Completion of immersions I, II, and III is a pre-requisite for participating in any Anusara Yoga Teacher Training. The Immersion is open to all yoga practitioners that wish to enjoy a deeper experience of Anusara Yoga, whether or not they are interested in following a Teacher Training. Pre-requisite to start an Immersion is to have taken 30 hours of Anusara classes, workshops or retreats. [If you haven’t been able to do so but you want to sign up for an Immersion, please contact Susana directly]
The content of the Immersion is approximately distributed in the following way:
- Philosophy: 33 %
- Asana practice and Universal Principles of Alingment: 50%
- Pranayama, meditation, contemplation and anatomy: 17 %
- Anusara Yoga Teacher Training Manual by John Friend
- Master Inmersion Manual by John Friend
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Caláis-Germain
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras [see below for recommended versions]
- Bhagavad Gita [see below for recommended versions]
- Meditate by Swami Muktananda
As necessary text for this part we will use a version of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Here you will find some of the best versions:
- Light on the Yoga Sutras by B.K.S. iyengar
- Yoga Discipline of Freedom: The Yoga Sutra Attributed to Patanjali by Barbara Stoller Miller
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali translated by Swami Satchidananda
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. A new translation and commentary. Georg Feuerstein.
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Swami Satchidananda.
Recommended versions for the Bhagavad Gita
- Bhagavad Gita: the Song of God translated by Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood.
- Bhagavad Gita translated by Juan Mascaro.
- Bhagavad Gita translated by Winthrop Sargeant.
- Bhagavad Gita. A new translation, Stephen Mitchell.
- The Bhagavad Gita. J.A.B. van Buyten.
More recommended readings in www.rasalilayoga.com
Paradis Plage Yoga & Surf Resort
. IMMERSION I : September 25-29
. IMMERSION II: December 4-8
. IMMERSION III: February 26 – March 2
Susana García Blanco email@example.com
Each Module 550€
Full Immersion 1.550 €
Payments are not refundable unless major justified reason. Susana will be offering some scholarships for this training so if it is your desire to do it and you cannot afford it, please contact Susana directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that you register in time to acquire the necessary materials and make the appropriate readings. The immersion is led in English.